Encyclopædia of MUDs, © 1993-2000 by Henry McDaniel III. Licensed to Blane Bramble, Virtua-Web Limited.
- X, n.
- (1) Something unknown. As in "Planet X".
- (2) Horizontal range reference used incoordinate system based locations .
- See: Y , Z .
- XdY, n.
- Also XdY+Z.
- Holdover from D&D ® . Used to indicate somerandomized variable .The Y indicates the size ofthe die (a d6 is a standard 6-sided die). The Xis the number of those die to throw. The Z isa constant amount to add to the resulting throw.e.g. 2d4+1 indicates rolling an 4-sided dietwice (summing each roll ), and adding 1 tothe result yielding some random numberbetween 3 (X+Z) and 9 (X*Y+Z).
- See: dice , roll .
- XP, n. [Comp. of Experience Point(s).]
- Also Xp.
- Same as Exp .
- XY, n.
- (1) Why. Shortform used by young mudders .
- Same as Y .