Encyclopædia of MUDs, © 1993-2000 by Henry McDaniel III. Licensed to Blane Bramble, Virtua-Web Limited.
- U, pro.
You. Shortform often used by young mudders .
- Universe, n.
- All objects found within a game DB . are within the universe ofthat game.
- Universe Rules, n.
- Usually refers to the internal logic that governs the interaction ofall objects within a particular MUD .
- Unlock, v.
- (1) To unseal with a key . Often a necessary step before a lockedcontainer type item or door may be opened. Sometimesautomatic (unseen by the player) provided the character has the properkey.
- (2) To return file access to a state that permits access by others.
- See: lock .
- Uptime, n., v.
- (1) How long a game has been continuously running. This is theamount of time that has passed since the last reboot .
- (2) Command that reports the uptime.
- User, n, adj.
- (1) Person authorized to access the system . The term does notdistinguish if one is a player , builder or administrator .
- (2) Something associated with (or "owned" by) a person authorized toaccess the system . Example: "user account."
- Users, v.
- Wizard commanddisplays the names of all users currently connected to the game.
- See: who , wizlist .